Saturday, March 27, 2010

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock...

24, is over. I'll be the first to admit, the past several seasons have not been so great, however it was still like pizza, you know? It was still good. I mean, it's Jack Bauer, man. I was very open about the fact that the show should have ended last season, but now that the end is here - I'm sad. I'm super, super sad, like big time sad. I feel all jammed up inside.

While the it's been in decline since season 5, they've really done a great job within the format of the show. Honestly, I'm somewhat amazed that it's lasted this long. I thought that they really pushed it a little too far in season 3, and had trouble really coming back from that point. In other words, they blew their wad. However, it's probably my favorite season, and season 4 was a solid follow-up. Truthfully, Jack should have walked off into the sunrise for good at the point.

(Sigh) - I'm a little surprised that I'm as sad as I am. It's caught me a little off guard. While most of the world will be anticipating the end of Lost, I'll be sitting here, savoring the last few hours of Jack Bauer as the clock runs out on one of my favorite shows of all time.

Thanks for the soon to be 8 days, 24. I know we've only spent a little over a week together, but I'm going to miss you.





No comments: