Friday, March 5, 2010

Sometimes when we touch...

It looks like Jim Sorgi, longtime backup QB and bitch to Payton Manning, will not be returning to the Indianapolis Colts in 2010.

Best known for his post-season play, Sorgi has gladly accepted his role as Payton's verbal punching bag. In an attempt to keep Manning healthy for post season play, Sorgi has seen some regular season action, and prides himself on helping teams get to the playoffs. Not his team, of course.

Several teams are expected to be interested in Sorgi, including San Diego and Minnesota. When asked about his possible move to San Diego, QB Philip Rivers smiled, saying 'oh man, I can't wait to give that guy a wedgie.'

Payton Manning, on the other hand, isn't as much worried about losing Sorgi. Manning called a local Indianapolis radio station Friday morning to weigh in on his thoughts on Sorgi.


'Well, you know, Jimmy did get me out of a couple of jams, um, took an ass whooping or two for me. Unfortunately for him, you know, I'm Payton Manning, and I'm not going to say he was bad, but he just wasn't very good.'

When asked about the likely promotion of backup Curtis Painter, Payton recalled the first time he saw Painter.

'I didn't even know Curtis was on the team really. When he went out in the Jets game last season, I thought, you know - that ball boy is calling plays, but then again, you know, I'd never seen that guy in my life. Um, you know. Then they told me, um, you know, he was on the team. I'd just never paid attention I guess.'

Notice who bails Payton out of this one.

No comments: