Monday, September 14, 2009

What I Learned From NFL Week One - Observations From An Average Fan

  • The Titans still look good. Some weak spots, but nothing that can't get better as the season goes along.
  • The Colts still scare and annoy me. I still feel total elation when Payton throws a pick. Oh yeah, I learned what '219 z fake crack post' is. Thanks Coach Dungy!
  • The Texans still suck. Matt Schaub has no peripheral vision.
  • Jacksonville needs a pass play or two.
  • Mark Sanchez may very well be the 6th 2nd coming of Joe Namath.
  • Big Ben will rip your heart out if you don't get pressure on him. Well, even then.
  • Larry Fitzgerald - Palomalu is out... you're next. Don't fight it.
  • The Seahawks destroyed the St. Louis Rams. Who cares?
  • Samurai Mike may lead the 49's to the top of the NFC West.
  • As much as I love Jay Cutler, and I do... he couldn't dodge the karmic boomerang. Also, Jay Cutler has elephant balls and will throw into quadruple coverage.
  • Josh McDaniels got the better side of the karmic boomerang.
  • The Bears are who we thought they were. Actually, not really. Urlacher will miss the year.
  • I'm sad that the season finale of Hard Knocks aired last week, cause I'd pay some damn good money see the camera rolling in the locker room post-game yesterday.
  • The Panthers need to get Jeff Garcia's phone number ASAP.
  • The old gunslinger plays better when he doesn't have to fire as many bullets.
  • Adrian Peterson probably has real horns. Like antlers.
  • I heard the words, 'Baltimore' and 'offensive powerhouse' in the same sentence. Wait, what?
  • The Giants are still awesome, but will fall for a fake field goal.
  • I don't play fantasy football, but if I did I'd definitely have Drew Brees on my team.
  • Tony Romo seems less stressed.
  • The Lions will be much better... in 2010.
While there are still two more games to play tonight, I'll go ahead and lay it out.

  • Tom Brady is still devilishly handsome.
  • Phillip Rivers is a penis.

No comments: