Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner...

On a more serious note, I'm saddened by the loss of Patrick Swayze.

Sure, I didn't know him, but this year has been a year of loss. I've had so many friends lose loved ones this year. I've also had some unexpected passing of old acquaintances, and the sports/entertainment world has suffered it's loses this year too.

While not all who passed this year suffered from cancer, many of them did, including Swayze who lost his battle to pancreatic cancer at only 57 years old.

These days, there's really not anyone that hasn't been closely affected by this disease. While advancements have been made in the detection and treatment, it's hasn't been nearly enough.

With all the technology at our fingertips, I can only hope that I see a cure for this in my lifetime.

Okay, whew -back to Swayze.

Everybody has their favorite Swayze movies. For me, I'm going to have to go with Dirty Dancing and Point Break. Two very different, yet great performances.

However, this is one you may have overlooked. Hilarious. Also, it features the late Natasha Richardson.

No comments: