Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I can't keep quiet any longer...

I've been wanting to make a post about 'Lost' for a few weeks now, even more so after the last two episodes. However, when I got up this morning and opened my Google reader, I realized that my cousin and fellow blogger, Matt had said exactly everything I wanted to say. So, I'll just be lazy and re-post.

From: The Dude's Story:
Man, LOST. What is up with you? You used to be my favorite show, and now I’m starting to lose the faith. I don’t really care much about your characters anymore, I’m completely confused when it comes to timelines and who knows what information, and at this point, I don’t like the way your last season is shaping up.
You’ve spent five seasons putting yourself in an unfortunate position. You see, the final judgment about whether LOST was a great show, a good show, or a total flop rests entirely on this season. Your fan base has followed you through five years of dead ends, enigmatic mysteries, inexplicable plot twists, and worst of all, a host of characters that NEVER asks the logical next question. We have enjoyed all of this long and winding road, and it’s what will make the show great under one condition: it all makes sense in the end and serves some sort of purpose.
If this whole show turns out to be a petty fight between two immortal dudes on some weird time traveling island, I will not be happy. And your show will be a failure. Please, please tell me there’s more to it than that.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I re-read this here, and I'm one smart dude. I keep hoping they've got some tricks up their sleeve, surely they do, right?