Saturday, November 27, 2010

Have you ever seen a squonk's tears?

The blog train has been chugging along very slowly this week. For whatever reason, it's been really hard to concentrate over the past several days. I can blame some of it on an unwelcome stomach bug that crane kicked my Thanksgiving, but other than that, probably just stress.

In the meantime, I'm aware that it wouldn't hurt to lighten the mood here at the 'roach'.

A few months ago, I posted a series of video promos I did for one of our artists 'The Apache Relay', for their August residency at The End here in Nashville. The band was kind enough to give me creative liberty with the videos which allowed me indulge my love of retro television and video games. I realized the other night that I never posted the final, and perhaps my favorite of the promos.

The quotes about the band were really taken from reviews of 'Scott Pilgrim vs. The World', altered and given fake names and publications. Probably not legal, I know.

My favorite part of the video is the final twenty seconds. The idea came to me while editing, and like usual, I was really just entertaining myself and couldn't stop laughing. And yes, the voice is mine. You have no idea how many takes it took for me to get this right.

No comments: