Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oops, I crapped my pants...



Well, that was last week actually, but regardless - I'm old. I've tried to fight it, I have... but, given the technology growth in the last 5-10 years, that really equals about a 20 year of generation gap.

I was hanging backstage last night at the Exit In with one of the bands I manage. There were several young bands on the bill that evening, then there was me - old dude. Earlier in the evening, I had dug an old Ocean Pacific wallet out of a drawer to replace the bad ass man purse that was recently stolen. My place in the universe started to solidify when I realized that the Op wallet was indeed, older than every member of every band.



Now the music scene has really changed in Nashville through the years, and there's some really great indie rock happening right now. Hipster music, created by and for hipsters. It is really good shit. It just doesn't seem that long ago that my band played the weekly showcase at the Exit In, however, in hipster years, it was decades ago. If I was to play these kids our old CD they would tool on me. Hell, the already tool on me. Although, I took 'you look like something off Miami Vice ' as a compliment.

As I sit in my robe and watch the NBA playoffs, TNT constantly plugs their new family comedy series, 'Are We There Yet?' produced by Ice Cube. (insert screeching sound...) What?! Ay dios mio. A lot can change in 22 years.

I couldn't find the promo clip for the show, but I did find this recent Dr. Dre commercial. Below that is my first intro to Dr. Dre and Ice Cube. Could you ever have imagined these guys selling Dr. Pepper?

Yeah, Dr. Pepper that ass with bullets.



No comments: