Saturday, May 29, 2010

Meet my buddy, Johnnie Walker. He's from Scotland.

Okay, so this is the first, um 'potentially drunk' post I've ever written. However, I've also wanted to, you know, perhaps do that. With that said, let's get real...

Just watched the ending of St. Elmo's Fire. Remember Andrew McCarthy? I gotta be honest, the music from that movie makes my heartache. It's like, I don't know, a reminder of how old I'm getting. 80's music always does that to me. It's just scary how time flies by.



Getting older is such a surreal experience, and I really don't know how to explain it. I've spent my life dealing with people that are older then me, but now, that's not the case. Professionals such as doctors, lawyers, athletes, you name it - all younger than me. I tell myself that 30 was the new 21, but hell, that was five years ago.

But wait, I do have a silver lining. Not sure if that's the right term, actually.

Anyway, my 30's so far has kicked my 20's ass, and my 20's were pretty awesome too. At this point I'm comfortable with who I am and that's pretty damn liberating. I often wish that 20's Brad could have been more like 30's Brad, but then you'd have time/space continuum issues.

I've always been a late bloomer, I mean damn, it takes me 4 months to grow a beard like this. But, I do feel sad about the fact that the years go by so quickly now. Relationships really mean so much to me now, and connecting the dots of my life bring me some sort of peace.

With that, I'm going to bed. Woo!

No comments: