Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Playoffs?!, Playoffs?!, P.. P.. Playoffs?! What I learned in the NFL week 11.

Well, I've not posted my weekly segment over the past couple of weeks. Other than realizing that Peyton Manning indeed looks like a broke-ass Dermot Mulroney. I mean, I already knew Belicheck had the nut sack of an elephant.













What I didn't know, was that the Titans, with Vince Young, would have just won 4 straight games after starting off 0-6. I also would have never predicted that Vince Young would survive 4 games. I figured that we'd probably have seen Kerry Collins pop on the koopa trooper helmet and head back on the field, while Vince's agent conducted the first round of negotiations with the CFL.

Besides Bud Adams, nobody was probably more excited with the drafting of Young then me. I mean, who couldn't have watched that Rose Bowl and not imagined that happening in the Super Bowl. The rookie year delivered and all of a sudden, the Titans were fun to watch again. That is, until the much discussed and documented meltdown that started at the beginning of the '08 season.

Meltdown is putting it mildly. How about a 50 million dollar implosion? The ultimate riches to rags story, the complete unraveling of a past champion and future star. For those of us who supported and believed in Vince, we were left wishing like hell for a redo, and that Jay Cutler had only travelled across town from his dorm to the Titans facility.

Am I completely sold after 4 games? No, but damn, if this kid hasn't taken about ten steps in the right direction. Making his reads, running when needed, more accurate, saying the right things, acting the right way. He's scrappy on the field too, which is something this team needs more of. Has the real Vince Young stood up? Let's hope so.

Now, after 4 straight wins, which is something no other team has done after starting 0-6, the Titans are not excluded from playoff discussions. Now, they've got to win probably at least 5 of the next 6 games, and hope that other teams start folding like lawn chairs, but - there are some very winnable games on the remaining schedule.

This season holds the potential for two great Disney movies. Brett Favre winning the Super Bowl, and the Titans making it to the Super Bowl. I understand both Dennis Quaid and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson have their schedules on hold.

No comments: